Friday 1 October 2021

KITS and PATTERNS

For Shetland Wool Week Makers Market


        I have a limited number of Da Crofters Kep Kits,

            in my handspun yarn,

                prepared especially for SWW.




The kit price, in my handspun yarn, is £60 

plus postage, 

£4 to the UK, £10 to the EU, and £14 elsewhere.

Email me - shetlandhandspun@btinternet.com -to buy a kit.


 KITS ARE SOLD OUT




Also, posting on Ravelry,


My series of NJUGGLE accessories patterns



Toorie Version 1
                      

                     

Toorie Version 2


A Square Hat

The mitts, or Dags as we call them in Shetland.
2 which match the Toories,
1 with a long 2-coloured rib,
and a long pair.


... and then a cushion.

All are knitted in natural Shetland colours, with yarn from Jamieson & Smith. I do occasionally have kits made up with my handspun yarn.

The motifs are all similar to those found in antiquity, some from ancient Greece, especially the Greek key and the small flower. Hearts and crosses are both very old, and because of the association with the sea, an anchor and a chain is included.

The design is named Njuggle after a mythical Shetland horse which was purported to live in streams and the sea.

The Njuggle collection includes:

Dags version 1 & 2, Toorie Hats version 1 & 2, Rib Dags, Long Dags, a Square Hat and a Cushion.

Search for SHETLAND HANDSPUN on Ravelry to find all the patterns.


I hope you have all enjoyed the Virtual Shetland Wool Week.




No comments:

Post a Comment